- Always meet in a public place - Find a neutral site to meet. Most police departments will be happy to accommodate you, and they are open 24/7.
- Tell someone - Tell a trusted friend or family member what you're doing and have another trusted friend or family member accompany you to the transaction
- Always meet during the day – Try not to conduct your transactions at night.
- Payment - Do not accept cash and do not offer to accept cash. Request a cashier's check instead and make it a non-negotiable term of the transaction.
- Don't reveal personal information Remember this is a business transaction, so never reveal Social Security numbers, banking information, or other personal information not required for the transaction.
Meeting the Buyer